Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Inspirational Death and Memorial Poems

When those close to us lose a loved one we are often at a loss for words to comfort them. I often have a problem finding the right sympathy card and I struggle with condolence messages. Over time I have stopped giving condolence cards to my friends, instead I have given them framed sympathy poem posters which they can place on their desktops or bedside tables. Or I have given them one of my metal art handmade cards. Most of my friends have said how much the sympathy gifts meant to them and how the words in the memorial poems carried them through. I have created a sympathy gift collection consisting of these sympathy cards, posters and canvas prints.

This blog post is dedicated to all of those who are grieving and coping with the death of a loved one. It contains inspirational death poems to uplift the spirit. It is my hope that the bereaved will find some comfort in these words.

Inspirational Sympathy Gifts Irish Blessings Poster by Injete
Fine Art Print (8 x 8 inches): $16.99




Inspirational Condolence Messages
May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.
~Irish Blessings~
 
Inspirational Memorial Death Poem Poster by Injete
Vintage Art by Jean Bourdichon

Do not stand at my grave and weep 
by Mary Elizabeth Frye
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)



Inspirational Sympathy Condolence Cards by Injete
Sympathy Greeting Cards (with envelope): $3.99

Until We Meet Again
by Injete Chesoni
Death is a brief separation
A temporary pain
Grieve not my dear
The sun will shine again
Death separates our bodies
But our hearts remain the same
May the memories of our love
soothe away your pain
and carry you over
Until we meet again. 



Inspirational Funeral Poem Poster by Injete
Vintage Art by Jean Bourdichon

Miss Me But Let Me Go
Attributed to Edgar A. Guest
When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little–but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me–but let me go.
For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss Me–But Let me Go.
(Inspirational Sympathy Death Poem by Edgar Guest)



I Am Not Gone Poem Poster (by Injete)

I Am Not Gone
by Injete Chesoni
I am not gone
I remain here beside you
Just in a different form
Look for me in your heart
And there you will find me
in our love which forever lives on

In those moments when you feel alone
Look for me in your thoughts
And there you will find me
in sweet memories that burn strong

Every time a tear
Forms in your beautiful eyes
Look up to the heavens
And there you will see me
Smiling down from God’s glorious skies
 
Sympathy Gift Poem Canvas Print Irish Blessings (by Injete)
Vintage Flower Art and Butterfly Illustrations
Canvas Art Print (8 x 8 inches): $54.95

A Psalm Of Life
by Henry Longfellow
Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the sands of time;
Footprints, that perhaps another,
Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,
Seeing, shall take heart again.
(Funeral Death Poem by Henry Longfellow) 


Praying Hands: Metal Art Handmade Cards by Injete

Forever Remembered
by Injete Chesoni
Even after life is gone
In our hearts your love lingers on
Even after you have left our sight
In our thoughts
your light shines bright
Even after you are gone
In our memories
you forever live on. 
(Death Memorial Poem by Injete Chesoni)

No comments:

Post a Comment