Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mothers Day Poems: Flowers for Mother

This is a collection of poems for mothers which are appropriate for any occasion including Mothers Day and Thanksgiving. My favorite is "Flowers for Mother: A Daughter's Wishes." Mothers give so much to their children and when we become adults we try our best to give back at least some of what they gave to us. I think the best gift a mother gives her child is unconditional love and support. My mother has loved and supported me throughout my life and the least I can do is give her the same, hence the words of the poem, "Flowers for Mother: A Daughter's Wishes." This poem is dedicated to my dear late mother Mary Aherwa Chesoni. 

Flowers for Mother Poetry Poster by Injete

Flowers for Mother: A Daughter's Wishes
(A Mothers Day Poem by Injete Chesoni)
 
I wish you sunshine on your cloudy days
A burst of yellow to pierce the gray
I wish you spring’s flowers on winter days
A burst of color in the midst of pale
I wish you rain when your fields are dry
A blossoming of life where flowers die
I wish you joy every single day
And smiles to wash your pain away
I wish you wings so that you can fly
With the angels in heaven’s skies
I wish you the fulfillment
of dreams unfulfilled
And the contentment
that fulfillment brings
My dearest mother you see
I wish you all
that you have wished for me
On this and every single day
I wish you flowers
to brighten up your days.

Mothers, God's Flowers
(A Short Mothers Poem by Injete Chesoni)
A mother is a flower
Plucked from heaven above
A gift God gives to children
To brighten their lives with love.

Mother God's Flowers Poetry Poster by Injete

Forever My Mother, My Angel, My Love

(An Angel Poem about Mothers by Injete Chesoni)

When my mother wraps her arms around me

I am encircled by the love of God

And when she speaks words of wisdom to me

I hear the whisper of the Lord

When she wipes away my tears

I am touched by the hand of God

I know that she is an angel sent to me

specially from up above

She is always beside me

Forever my angel, forever my love


Forever My Mother, My Angel, My Love Poem Art Print by Injete

Love the Greatest Gift of All
Mother Poetry by Injete Chesoni
How do you say thank-you
To the one who bore you
And gave you the gift of life
How do you say thank-you
To the angel who has constantly
Guided you through life
How do you say thank-you
To the one who has helped you
In all your moments of strife
How do you say thank-you to the one who
has loved you throughout your life
You can say thank-you with flowers
or gifts from expensive stores
You can buy her cards or chocolates
From the grocer next door
But the best way to thank her
Is to shower her with love
The greatest gift of all.

Gift of Love Mother Poetry Poster Vintage Art Gift by Injete

Thanksgiving Prayer for Mothers
Thanksgiving Poems and Mother Poems by Injete Chesoni
Thank you God for my mother's face
So full of beauty, love and grace.
Thank you God for my mother's smile
So full of kindness and motherly pride.
Thank you God for my mother's mind
That is so inspiring and wise.
Thank you God for my mother's arms
That always encircle me with love.
Thank you God for my mother's heart
That has loved me right from the very start.
Thank-you God for my mother's breast
Upon which I lay my worries to rest.
Thank you God for my mother's womb
The most comforting home I have known.
Thank-you God for my mother's thighs
The lap upon which I have cried so many times
Thank-you God for my mother's feet
That rush to save me from dangers I meet
But most of all thank-you God
For giving me the most wonderful Mother of All.

Thanksgiving Prayer Poem for Mothers by Injete
 
Balancing Act: Working Mothers
A Poem for Working Mothers by Injete Chesoni
How does she do it
Live in so many worlds
How does she do it
Play so many roles
Like a well trained performer
Showing off her art
She brilliantly performs
This balancing act.
 
Balancing Act A Working Mothers Poem Poster by Injete


From a collection of Mothers Poems, Mother Daughter Poems, Mothers Day Poems and Poetry by Injete Chesoni.

9 comments:

  1. hi, how have you been, its evident you really love your mommy, you have some serious art work on this page, hope you make it big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Collins! Good to hear from you. I hope you are well. Thanks for visiting and for the lovely comment. Yes I adore my mummy she is a sweetheart. When I make it big I owe you a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool gift ideas! I am sure my mom will gonna love this. I will try to make something like this. Anyway, thanks for sharing this post. Looking forward for your next post. Keep posting!

    Mother's Day Gift Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Mother's Day Flowers to Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Online Flowers Pakistan is the largest privately owned online flower store in Pakistan. We endeavor to make your experience ordering flowers with us memorable. Our online store offers a collection of exclusive gifts including a teddy bear, leather wallets; customize chocolate cakes and balloon delivery, for same day delivery flowers or next day delivery. We know that when you send flowers online it comes from the heart, so we work hard to ensure your sprays are fresh, lovely, and eye-catching and delivered in time to celebrate every occasion.

    Send Flowers to Pakistan
    Send Flowers to Lahore
    Send Flowers to Islamabad
    Send Flowers to Karachi
    Send Flowers to Rawalpindi
    Online Flowers Delivery to Pakistan
    Mothers Day Flowers to Pakistan
    Birthday Flowers to Pakistan
    Online Birthday Flowers
    valentine Day Flowers to Pakistan
    Online Roses Delivery
    Send gift to pakistan
    Send Mother gift to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very impressed with your post. I love to read this. Humanitive is the number one online gift portal in India that offers mothers day gifts from daughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a complete guide on gifts but it missed one important side. It is Christmas time and all the kids are expecting santa to deliver secret santa gifts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our flower bouquet are as beautiful, fresh, and eye catching as they are easy to care for.

    ReplyDelete