Monday, November 7, 2011

Large Metal Art African Masks

Those of you who are familiar with my metal artwork may have noticed I tend to make smaller art pieces usually less than 12 by 16 inches. This is not due to a love for miniature art work but more due to the limitations of the metal I work with. Well that all changed in September when I got a commission for a larger art piece. The customer wanted a metal art piece that was at least 18 by 24 inches. So I had to stretch both my creative thinking and metal in order to come up with a piece that was 18 by 24 inches and still aesthetically pleasing. I joined a number of metal art pieces together and the end product was rather delightful. Best of all my customer was pleased with his new art piece. Here is a photo of the completed piece below. It is part of my African Masks collection and is based on my original Fathers Mask art piece.

African Mask: Embossed Metal Painting by Injete
 Fathers Mask (18.5 by 23.5 inches)
 African Mask: Embossed Metal Painting by Injete
Fathers Mask (18.5 by 23.5 inches)

1 comment:

  1. Your abstract metal art looks amazing. I love the African art and what it represents.

    ReplyDelete